Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Bar-b-que Beef

I really do not know where this recipe came from.  My mom used to make it all the time and she served it over pasta (linguine or fettuccine I think).  I prefer to serve it over rice so I usually double up the sauce so there is lots of extra.

2 lbs. round steak
2 Tbsp. oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup vinegar
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water

Cut beef into slices 1/2" wide, across the grain.  Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet and brown meat strips slowly.  Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over browned meat.  Bring to a boil.  Turn down heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.

*I usually just used beef stewing meat from the store as it is already cut and ready to go.  I have also started making this in my slow cooker and it comes out so wonderfully tender.  I just throw all the ingredients in the pot and cook it on low for 5-6 hours and it is soooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment