Sunday, September 23, 2012

Egg-a-muffs

I do not know where the original recipe came from and I have no measurements but these are so good I have to post them.

Crush ritz crackers and add some butter to make a crumb crust.  Pat crumb mixture into the bottom of greased muffin cups.

Meanwhile partially cook some bacon strips and then use them to line the outside of the cup. 
Crack an egg into the cup on top of the crackers.  If desired you could sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the eggs but I prefer to let people season their own at the table.
Sprinkle with some of the cracker crumb mixture.

Bake in a 350 degree oven.  I baked for 20 minutes and had hard yolks.  If you want soft/runny yolk 15 minutes should do it.
During the last few minutes of cooking sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese on top.
Return to the oven so the cheese can melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment